Guardian for Children Require an Experienced Maryland Guardianship Lawyer
Guardian nominations for children in Maryland require the assistance of an experienced guardianship lawyer. At Chesapeake Wills and Trusts, our guardianship attorneys understand the legal process.
- As a parent with minor children, you can avoid complexities by asserting your parental rights and including a guardianship plan as part of your estate planning documents.
- If you need to file guardian or conservator nominations for children in court, our experienced lawyers can handle the legal paperwork.
- Chesapeake Wills and Trusts is a boutique law firm that prides itself on its experience, attention to detail, and exceptional customer service.
Whether you wish to protect your minor children by including a guardian nomination for children as part of your estate plan or seek to establish guardianship through court proceedings, we are here to help. You can reach us by phone, online, or at our Glen Burnie offices.
Our lawyers experienced with guardian nominations for children will walk you through the process.
The first step in guardian nominations for children in Maryland is petitioning the court. This allows for all interested parties to raise objections.
After filing the petition, the court may or may not set a hearing. At the hearing, you must explain the rationale supporting your petition to the court.
Anyone appointed as the guardian must make regular reports to the court for the duration of the appointment.
Petitioning the court for guardian nominations for children is a serious step.
With court approval, you will take on full responsibility for the health and well-being of the child. The court may impose additional obligations as well. We are here to answer all of your questions.
Our guardian nomination lawyers have the experience you seek and the answers you require
These matters involve ongoing care for a minor child, so it is crucial to understand the entire process. To get started:
- Schedule a Call: Speaking directly with one of our guardian and conservator nomination lawyers is the first step in the process.
- Develop a Plan: Our guardian nomination lawyers will provide the information you need to make an informed decision about moving forward.
- Resolve Guardianship Questions: Whether you require new or revised estate planning documents or to file a petition in court, we will be by your side.
Benefits of speaking with a Chesapeake Wills and Trusts guardian nomination lawyer in Glen Burnie, Maryland
Guardians and have several responsibilities apart from the physical and mental well-being of the child or incapacitated person. For example, you are responsible for all financial decisions, including real estate. Guardians make regular, specific reports to the court throughout the guardianship. These reports require a complete overview of all financial assets, including any:
- Bank statements
Contact a Maryland lawyer experienced in guardian nominations for children at Chesapeake Wills and Trusts today. You can reach us by phone, online, or at our Glen Burnie offices. Or click here to schedule an intake call.
Schedule a Call
Complete the form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly or call now at 410-590-1900.