Why Attend Our Workshops
Every day, we talk to clients who fear their family will lose their home and life savings if they need to go into a nursing home or other long-term care facility. As estate planning and asset protection attorneys, we see first-hand how many questions people have about the legal aspects of growing older but are not sure who to ask.
Our community workshops address these concerns and many more. There are options that may allow you to protect your assets — including your home and life savings — while still getting the level of care you need and maintaining a high quality of life. Best of all, when you attend one of our workshops you get a free one-on-one consultation with one of our attorneys who can discuss the strategies we may use to protect your assets and give you the peace of mind you need.
Our Workshops Address Some of Your Most Pressing Questions
One of the goals of our workshops is to help answer your most pressing questions about estate planning and asset protection. During our workshop, you will learn the answers to the following questions and many more:
- Is a will enough to protect my assets or do I need a trust?
- What is the difference between a revocable trust and an irrevocable trust?
- How can my family avoid probate after my death?
- Do I need an asset protection trust?
- What happens if I need around-the-clock care?
- How can my family afford nursing home costs?
- What do I need to know about qualifying for Medicaid?
- Can I avoid spending down my life savings for Medicaid?
- What is the lookback period for Medicaid planning?
- Is there any way to protect my assets for my heirs?
- Can I remain in control of my assets if I create a trust?
- Are there legal strategies we can use to protect my home and life savings?
What to Expect During Our Workshops
Our workshops cover many of the topics you likely have not considered about estate planning. This includes:
- Asset protection
- Medicaid rules and planning
- Why a will may not be enough to satisfy your estate planning objectives
- How a trust can protect your family’s financial future
- Avoiding the probate process
- Other estate planning topics and tips
All of our workshops take place in a relaxing atmosphere where you will find compassionate support and answers to any questions you may have about protecting your home and life savings. We will provide not only an introduction to estate planning, but also a look at some of the most common strategies we use for asset protection.
We tell stories of real clients and offer real life examples to help you apply the topics we discuss to your unique situation. This allows you to know what questions you need to ask when you meet a member of our team for your one-on-one consultation.
Our Workshops Are the First Step to Getting the Peace of Mind You Are Looking For
Far too often, people live in worry because they do not have a proper will, trust, asset protection plan, or business succession plan in place. We know you worked hard to buy your home and build the estate you have, and you need to know your family will not lose it if you need to move into a nursing home or other long-term care facility.
No matter how simple or complicated your estate, we can help you put a strategy in place that allows you to protect as many of your assets as possible from a nursing home or other long-term care facility. We can give you control over what happens to your home, life savings, and other assets during the rest of your life, and even after you pass away.
There is no doubt about it: estate planning is a complex area of law and one that leaves many people confused and stressed. With our team on your side, you can feel confident knowing you have a strong plan to secure your family’s financial future.
Contact Chesapeake Wills and Trusts About Your Estate Planning Needs Today
At Chesapeake Wills and Trusts, our team provides high-quality legal services to families just like yours. Whether you are introduced to us during one of our workshops or if you opt to come in for a one-on-one consultation instead, you can expect to meet with a knowledgeable and compassionate professional.
Call our Maryland office today at 410-590-1900 or use our online contact form to sign up for one of our upcoming estate planning workshops