Plan Ahead with a Durable Power of Attorney Lawyers
Serving clients throughout Maryland.
Although considering your end-of-life plan may be painful, a durable power of attorney is an essential aspect of your estate plan if you become physically or mentally incapacitated. A power of attorney lawyer is a legal document that allows you to grant a person of your choosing the authority to act on your behalf in financial matters. Clients in Glen Burnie and throughout Maryland choose us at Chesapeake Wills and Trusts to draft their durable power of attorney because:
- Our durable power of attorney lawyers have the experience to craft your document specifically to your needs.
- We take the time necessary to ensure that the description of powers you grant to your agent is limited to those essential to match your expectations.
- As elder law attorneys, we include powers within the power of attorney that are not included in a regular power of attorney document. These powers allow your family to implement an asset protection strategy if you ever need to enter a nursing home. Many lawyers simply do not include these powers in their durable power of attorneys, which could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars of your hard earned life savings!
- Our firm will always treat you as a valued client.
Speak with a Chesapeake Wills and Trusts durable power of attorney lawyer today. You can reach us by phone, online, or at our Glen Burnie offices.
Our durable power of attorney lawyers will explain all of your options
We are here to answer all your questions, including…
A Chesapeake Wills and Trusts durable power of attorney lawyer will discuss the various options concerning when your agent assumes authority. This can be upon execution or a triggering event.
Requirements and Scope
As your durable power of attorneys, we comply with Maryland law concerning age, competence, witnesses, notary public, and recording and explain the differences between limited and general grants of power.
You may revoke your durable power of attorney, provided you are not under a new or subsequent disability.
Authorizing another to act on your behalf in financial matters need not be nerve-wracking
We’ll explain the safeguards in place to prevent fraud or abuse. Our Chesapeake Wills and Trusts durable power of attorney lawyers will tailor the description of powers to your needs. You grant the power, and you may revoke it.
An experienced durable power of attorney lawyer from Chesapeake Wills and Trusts is available to answer your questions
A durable power of attorney is something you want to address with the advice of an attorney. We are here to help.
- Schedule a Call: A durable power of attorney lawyer at Chesapeake Wills and Trusts takes the time to understand your needs and explain your options.
- Develop a Plan: Our durable power of attorney lawyer drafts a document that meets your requirements concerning the effective date and powers granted.
- Implement your Plan: After review and accepting the document, you’ll always have a plan ready in case you need it.
The right durable power of attorney lawyer for you in Glen Burnie
A durable power of attorney assigns control of your financial assets to a chosen agent or successor agents in the event of your incapacitation. If you have an out-of-state power of attorney and a significant lapse of time has passed since its execution, you may want to revisit that document.
Contact an experienced Maryland durable power of attorney lawyer at Chesapeake Wills and Trusts to create or revise your durable power of attorney.
Schedule a Call
Complete the form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly or call now at 410-590-1900.